DO YOU HONESTLY BELIEVE THAT ALL OF THESE WOMEN SHOULD RECEIVE THE SAME TREATMENT FOR THEIR HEALTH CHALLENGES??
We are unique individuals...and while our gender and anatomical parts are the same, our internal physiology, hormone imbalances, genetic predispositions, diet, stress levels, exercise patterns, sleep, and chronic illness are VERY DIFFERENT!.....
...and this gets even more complex as we get older!
So, I continue to be puzzled by the ever growing number of "Anti-Aging/Hormone/Weight Loss" clinics popping up all over the country that provide the SAME treatment for ALL women!
Most of these places are run the same way....They are usually owned by a non-physician (someone who is much smarter in the business world). They employ nurses or physician extenders, and they hire a physician to provide 'oversight', sign off on charts, and sign off on prescriptions.
Most patients NEVER see the doctor, they all get the SAME lab results, and they all get the SAME treatments (hormones, supplements, etc)...Because these places function on PROTOCOLS (and I have no idea where their protocols even come from!)
HERE ARE THE ISSUES:
1. Do you REALLY think that you and your best friend, your mother, and your daughter all have the same hormone issues?
2. If the 'one size fits all' approach isn't working in the conventional medical world, why in the word should it be replicated in the 'anti-aging' world??
3. Your hormones control everything....and, EVEN IF HORMONES ARE BIOIDENTICAL, they can still cause CANCER AND OTHER PROBLEMS if they are not PROPERLY prescribed and monitored by an experienced clinician!
4. Do you really need $1000 worth of supplements and 15 pill bottles??
5. Do you really want to be treated by one protocol that is applied to thousands of other women who are NOTHING LIKE YOU??
6. Do you really want an inexperienced clinician who you may NEVER actually see or speak to deciding if things are being done properly and you are not being harmed?
I have seen THOUSANDS of patients with horrible outcomes from going to places like these! Patients who developed breast and endometrial cancer, diabetes, obesity....many patients even had to have hysterectomies because of the inappropriate treatment they received!
Some of you may have gone to these types of clinics and had decent outcomes...BUT THIS IS not the story for many, many others!
Here is my preliminary short list on the "buyer beware" places to avoid: Be Balanced Weight Loss and Hormone Clinics, BodiLogic, ReVital, 25 Again, and In Shape MD.
Plan to visit this group page tomorrow afternoon where I will be posting my interview with Christine....saved in the nick of time!!